For younger guests, several unique events are sure to entertain and delight for hours.
Pre-order everything from cookies, chocolate covered strawberries, birthday cake, etc.
Every year, our team at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort welcomes hundreds of guests from all over the world! If you’re in the process of planning your own trip to Central Florida, consider our staff’s top 10 travel tips:
1) Pack your family’s swimsuits all together in a bag that is easily accessible. That way, if you arrive at the hotel before your room is ready, you can start your vacation at the pool until it’s time to check in.
2) Wear your most comfortable shoes at the attractions. Don’t let the flip-flop temperatures fool you: unless you’re going to the pool or a water park, you’re going to need all the arch support you can get while walking and standing in line.
3) Take sun safety seriously. Keep in mind that Orlando often reaches highs of 90°F+ and can feel even hotter with humidity. Check the weather daily, and make sure everyone drinks plenty of water – not coffee or soda. Apply and reapply sunscreen (at least 30 SPF), especially in June, July and August.
4) Anticipate a quick afternoon rain shower. Our summer months see daily showers that often last between ten minutes and three hours. You can usually pick up right where you left off in less than an hour, but plan the activities you’re most excited about for the morning, and bring plastic ponchos wherever you go.
5) Plan some downtime into your visit. As much fun as it is to see the Central Florida attractions, remember to make time for relaxing poolside, taking a short nap or having a sit-down meal with your family. Vacations are all about reconnecting with each other.
Bonus Tip: Reduce the stress of fast-paced vacationing with a visit to the full-service Top of the Palms Spa.
6) Make sure your cameras, video cameras and cell phones are all fully charged at the start of each day. You’re going to have so much fun visiting the best of Orlando, that the only thing you won’t want to see is the “low power” indicator on your devices.
7) If you’re driving into town, keep at least $10 in quarters in your glove box. All highways in Orlando except Interstate 4 (“I-4”) require toll fees. Some toll stations have attendants who can provide change for dollar bill amounts under $20, but others are automated and accept change only.
8) Review important safety information with your family. No matter how long your vacation will last, take time to go over these Florida laws and regulations together and to plan for possible emergencies, including what to do if you ever become separated.
9) Remember, you can also buy souvenirs outside the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks. Don’t panic if you run short on time. Simply head over to the World of Disney Store® at the Downtown Disney® Marketplace, or one of the tourist shops within walking distance of Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort.
Bonus Tip: Sundry items can be purchased at the hotel’s on-site Sheraton Marketplace.
10) Choose the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, a Walt Disney World Good Neighbor® Hotel. This distinguished designation certifies that our property meets the Walt Disney World® Resort’s quality and service standards, as well as offers on-site advance ticket purchasing options. We also provide complimentary shuttle service to and from the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks!
Thank you for allowing us to share our best of Orlando travel tips with you. We’ll see you soon!
– The Staff of Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
© 2014 AP WH Orlando Tenant LLC with portions of website content © 2014 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. All rights reserved.